Puja Room Vaastu
Puja Room Vaastu
Puja room in a home ensures positive energy. This energy has a great impact on the mind, body and soul of the household. In order to benefit, it is important to design the puja room as per the principles of Vastu Shastra.
While planning a house, due to the space constraints, many people tend to ignore a separate pooja room but we must not sideline the need to make a place for GOD. Thus by creating a room for worshipping, we are creating a room to get charged with positive vibrations every morning and that energy will energize our environment, mind, body and soul. Our work efficiency will increase and so the progress, prosperity and peace.
This room should be designed carefully because when you do meditation, you should gain the positive energies and then you can feel charged. If it is in wrong direction, then no matter how much meditation you do, you will not feel charged. There are certain rules which one must follow before the commencement of designing a pooja room.
The right position of the puja room-:
According to the ancient study of architecture, Vastu Shastra, the northeast is the perfect location to place a puja room. The east, the north and the northeast can also be taken as the directions for the placement of a puja room. Directions other than these should be avoided. Special puja can be performed in the centre of the house.
How to Design a puja room
1. Doors and windows should be in the north and the east direction. The doors should have two shutters without any door closer.
2. The floor of the puja room should be white or off-white marble.
3. The cupboard for storing things should be positioned in South or West of puja room.
4. It is positive to have a threshold in your puja room.
5. It is vital to have a ventilator.
6. White, light yellow or light blue colour can be used in the puja room.
Interiors of puja room
1. Idols should be placed in the north-east direction of the puja room and an inch away from walls.
2. The idols should not be facing each other and the door of the puja room.
3. Kalash or water body should be placed in the north or the east of the room.
4. Deepak, lamp and Agni Kund should be placed in the southeast direction.
Vastu Tips for Pooja Room
1. The pooja room should always be situated in the North, East or the Northeast side of the house.
2. While worshipping, the legs of the idol should be at the chest level of the person worshipping depending on the position, whether standing or sitting.
3. One should face towards East/North while worshiping. If Rahu is position in lagna one should not face East direction during puja.
4. Ideally there should be no idols in the worship room. But if one wishes to keep, the height of the idol should not be more than 9” and less than 2”