Kitchen Hall Vaastu
Kitchen Hall Vaastu
The kitchen is an integral part of any Indian household—the source of our day-long energy. Every single appliance that finds pride of place in your kitchen is important, and if it is placed according to the principles of Vastu, can ensure that positivity prevails. Vastu expert Ashna Ddhannak, holistic life coach at Enlightening Lifestyle, believes that the kitchen is the best place to attain better health and improve motivation.No matter if the house is big or small, well-furnished or not, there are three rooms in every house which are important. A bedroom, a living room and a kitchen are the most important rooms in any house. The bedroom is for relaxation and sleep while the living room is a place where family and friends come together and rejoice and the kitchen is the place where food is cooked. No person can cook food in any room as fire is involved while cooking. Kitchen represents fire element and having a good, well-maintained, clean and fresh kitchen attracts Fire God in the house who has the power to burn all the negativity and fulfil any lack in the house.
Important Points in Kitchen Hall Vaastu
1. • Location for the Kitchen: Kitchen reflects the soul of the family and forms an integral part of the house. It has the power to enhance the aura of the house if placed in the right corner. The ideal location to construct a kitchen according to Vastu Shastra is a South-east corner of the kitchen. This corner is considered the best as all the elements of fire are governed from this corner. In case, south-east corner is not available; then the next best option is the north-west corner of the house.
2. • Placement of Gas Stove: Kitchen is not called kitchen without a gas stove. It is the place where food is cooked, and the best place to fix the gas stove is again in Southeast direction. The elements of fire placed in this direction works the best that is why it is advisable to cook facing east side of the kitchen.
3. • Placement of Sink and Taps: A sink and taps are installed in the kitchen to make it easy to use water for different purposes. Water is used in the kitchen for cooking, cleaning and washing of dishes. Placing sinks and taps in the kitchen indicate water flow and installing them in the North-east direction and away from a gas stove is the best-suited option. Water and fire are repelling elements and keeping them away from each other are the best.
4. • Placement of Refrigerator: There are two ways to keep the refrigerator, either it can be placed in the kitchen or t can be placed outside in the dining room or living area. In case, the refrigerator is placed in the kitchen; then it should be placed in the south-west direction but keeping at least a foot away from the floor. It is good to avoid north-east direction for the refrigerator as it becomes a hindrance in the kitchen.
5. • Placement of Exhaust Fans and Windows: No room can work without windows installed. Especially when it comes to Kitchen, an exhaust fan and windows are important. One or two windows in the kitchen are must to keep the area breathable and ventilated. The east side of the kitchen is best suited for windows and exhaust fan, and in case there are ventilators installed, the south direction is appropriate.
6. • Placement of Electrical Appliances: A modern kitchen is full of electrical appliances like a coffee maker, microwave oven, induction cooker, etc. When it comes to using electrical appliances in the Kitchen, keeping them in the south or south-east direction is the best. Avoid keeping any of the appliances in the North-east direction.
7. • Placement of Storage: Kitchen requires a proper cupboard and drawers to store grains and spices. Even there must be some space to keep crockery, utensils, etc. that is why southern and western walls are preferred. Avoid north and east side walls.
8. • Placement of Drinking water vessels: Many people use earthen pots, filters and store water in bottles for daily usage. If there is any filter, RO or earthen pot in the kitchen, placing them in the north-east direction is considered auspicious.
Vastu Tips for Kitchen Hall
1. The door of the kitchen should be in the north, east or north-east direction opening clockwise.
2. While dining; head of the family must face East. Rest of the family members can face East, North or West.
3. Place the dining table towards South-West corner of dining area, but make sure that dining table doesn’t touch wall. Also keep enough space between dining chair and wall so that anyone can get up easily.
4. Children should not sit in South-West corner of dining table as this will make them to gain control of house overpower their parents.
5. No one from the family should face South while dining else it causes small disputes among family members.
6. Do not place dining table under a beam.